Home Forums Cannabis Drug Testing Drug test did i pass?

5 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  Harryer Pott 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jenny Stars
    Participant
    @lightningbug

So today I had a preemployment drug test at concentra. It was a 5 panel rapid drug test. I have abstained from smoking for 87 days ( test day) but smoked everyday for two years prior. I took many at home drug tests and never passed with first void of day. Today before my drug test I drank a qcarbo and 2 20oz glasses of water. Before my test I passed an at home cup test. I went to the lab and forgot to use my mid stream urine. After I got back from the testing facility I tested my self once more using a at home cup test not using midstream and passed but the line was faint. I am trying to figure out if I passed or not.
    The Concentra test was a rapid drug screen and I do not know the cutoff limit. Noones at the lab told me if I passed or not and I emailed my employer letting them know that I completed my physical and everything and was wondering if there was anything else I needed to do before my start date but haven’t heard anything back. Does anyone think that I passed and am being paranoid??

Tiger Blood
    Participant
    @TigerBlood

If you were clean from weed for 87 days I would say yes, you have a good chance of passing (hopefully). Then again, if you did a home screen and the line was faint, that’s not a good sign.

For future reference, the more water you drink before the test, the better off you are. Drinking lots of water is a great way to flush your system.

Good luck!

Mega Man
    Participant
    @MegaMan420

I have an extremely high metabolism so I am able to pass CVS at home drug tests literally the same day I smoke cannabis. I once got a lab screening done on my piss and they didn’t find a single morsel of THC, even though I smoked two days before.

@Zemm667 adds the valuable point about drinking water before drug tests. As you drink more water, your piss starts to turn a very clear color, this is because there is less actual urine in your bladder. There is some much H20 in your body that it decides to flush it out in massive amounts, even if it is just pure water.

The only problem with this strategy is that you will be easily suspected to diluting your urine, which will either lead to a redo of the test, or a blood draw. One way to avoid all that nonsense is to go to your local GNC store and buy some creatine. Creatine is a chemical that allows your body retain water in your muscles if I am correct, it is a awesome supplement for bodybuilders. The important thing you should know about creatine is that it will put the yellow back into your piss which will fool the facility.

I also go for mid-stream in order to fill the cup, good shit!

Mary Jane Doe
    Participant
    @janedoe

There is absolutely no way that THC metabolites would be at a detectable level in urine after 87 days. The longest detection windows are 30 – 45 days, and that’s people who smoke a couple grams a day, every day, for a long period of time, and have a slow metabolism. And even 30 – 45 days is an exception, and is not common.

After 87 days, I just can’t imagine failing a urine test being possible. A hair test, yes, you could absolutely fail; but I’m 99% certain that you would pass a urine test.

What I’d be more worried about is the fact that you diluted before the test. This was probably unnecessary and may look suspicious.

“Based upon recent scientific evidence, at the 50 ng/mL cutoff concentration for the detection of cannabinoids in urine (using the currently available laboratory-based screening methods) it would be unlikely for a chronic user to produce a positive urine drug test result for longer than 10 days after the last smoking episode. Although there are no scientific cannabinoid elimination studies on chronic users using non-instrumented testing devices, one would assume that if the on-site devices are properly calibrated at the 50 ng/mL cutoff level the detection guidance would be the same.
    At the 20 ng/mL cutoff concentration for the detection of cannabinoids in urine (using the currently available laboratory-based screening methods) it would be uncommon for a chronic marijuana smoker to produce a positive urine drug test result longer than 21 days after the last smoking episode.”

From this: https://www.ndci.org/sites/default/files/ndci/THC_Detection_Window_0.pdf

Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t be careful; you should still abstain for a month or more before a drug test, if you know one is coming up. But just realize that it is a lot easier to pass a drug test for marijuana than some people seem to think.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Mary Jane Doe.

Jenny Stars
    Participant
    @lightningbug

What you posted about being clean in 45 days is not true. I tested my self using home tests at 50ng starting at day 64 and was failing without dilution. Even in day 80 I could not pass an at home test using my first void. I also am not worrying about my test being diluted bc I tested my self with adulteration test strips that test creatine, specific gravity, and pH levels and everything was fine. Still no word on if I passed or not.

Harryer Pott
    Participant
    @HarryerPott

Wow, that is very unusual. I can pass two weeks after stopping daily use.

That’s longer than any detection window I’ve seen in any literature. So I’m very surprised that you would test positive at 80 days, but of course I believe you. Sorry that its so slow for you – that must be a real pain in the ass.

A lot of things factor in to detection window:
    -Frequency of use (how often)
    -Dose (how much)
    -Metabolism (eat plenty and exercise to keep you metabolism churning)
    -Body fat percentage (THC is much more lipid-soluble than water-soluble, so a lot that is in your bloodstream initially gets sequestered in body fat and then released back into your blood stream slowly)
    -Hydration (if you keep yourself well-hydrated while trying to detox, it helps. While it doesn’t exactly “flush” your system out, as you can do with other drugs with water-soluble metabolites, having more volume of blood plasma facilitates more transfer of stored THC from your fat into your blood)
    -How hydrated you are when you tests (obviously dilution makes everything in your pee, including THC metabolites, less concentrated)
    -First pee of the day, or you’ve been holding it in for 2 hours or more (more likely to fail than if you have peed recently)
    -Using middle of stream

And then testing methods as well:
    -Cutoff level (50 ng/mL is a lot easier to pass than 20 ng/mL – but also, 50 ng/mL is a lot more common)
    -Which metabolites they test for (the more metabolites they test for, and the less specific the test, the longer the detection window. If they only test for THC and THC-COOH, then the detection window will be shorter)

Sorry it has been hanging around in your system so long. You’re the first person I’ve ever heard of failing tests at 80 days, so it surprises me. I hope things end up working out well with the test, and you get your job.

In most cases, no call is good news. If you fail the initial test, then they will usually call you, and ask you if you want them to send it to a lab to verify with GC/MS. I’m not sure how broadly that applies, but that’s how it is for my tests. I’m not sure about tests for employers though. Maybe you should send a follow-up email to your employer on Monday or Tuesday morning, if they haven’t responded. I find sometimes people get lazy about reading and responding to emails toward the end of the week, like Thursday and Friday.

Oh, and by the way, one of the guys I live with is from Big Rapids.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.